Lipitor generic is nothing but the generic version of a brand medicine Lipitor and it is one of the popular medications for the treatment of high cholesterol issues. This medicine helps you in managing the level of bad cholesterol, thus it prevents patients from various health troubles such as Type 2 Diabetes, heart strokes, heart attacks, and various other side effects of cholesterol. Atorvastatin is the main compound which is an HMG-CoA reductase enzyme inhibitor.
Lipitor is actually a brand name of compound Atorvastatin calcium, which is a lipid lowering agent which helps in reduction of body cholesterol level.
How does Lipitor Works?
This medicine contains an enzyme called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, which control the level of cholesterol and it also works on the levels of Plasma LDL cholesterol. The working of this medication is so precise that this prevents the patient from various health issues arose due to high cholesterol level , such as angina, Revascularization process, Myocardial infarction.
This medicine has its fixed usage and patient should confirm the dosage quantity, first with the doctor otherwise, it may lead to overdose. Generic Lipitor is prescribed with the quantity of 10mg or 20mg to control the regular level of cholesterol. In some critical cases, doctor may prescribe for higher level dosage up to 40mg.
Precautions before taking Lipitor
- Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited before taking Lipitor as the content of the medicine may react with alcohol and lower of cholesterol level will not be possible.
- This medicine is not recommended for pregnant women and also it should be given to breastfeeding condition woman.
- If you are suffering from any of these diseases such as liver issues, kidney failure, Type 2 diabetes, then you should not take this medicine and in such case, you must consult with a doctor first.
Benefits of Lipitor
- Deposition of bad cholesterol may be the riskiest factor as it could be the alarm for various harmful diseases such as heart stroke, blood clots, which requires too much attention and with the help of generic Lipitor you can avoid all such risks.
- If this medicine is taken with proper consultation and with full care, then one should not experience any kind of side effects. But in some cases, the patient may have to face some interactions of medications and side effects.
- There are some commonly observed Lipitor side effects are there such as nausea, diarrhea, flushing, body pain and all these side effects do not have any risk to your health.
- There is some serious side effect which may cause strong reactions such as loss of appetite, jaundice, itching, high fever and such condition required immediate doctor help.
- One should take this medicine without any overdose or a missed dose. An overdose of this medicine should show some strong side effects.
- One should check the date of expiry before taking the medicine because medication crossed the date of expiry may be spoiled.
- This medicine is only for adults with high cholesterol and one should not take without doctor's concern.