Diabetes is considered as one of the most critical issues because it not only harm our body but opens the risk of many other health issues. Metformin is the generic medication of the brand product Glucophage and it is also known as generic metformin. It treats a patient suffering from Type 2 diabetes. This medicine treats patients in critical cases where suggested diet and various activities fail to show required effect. Along with treatment of Type 2 diabetes, it's also used for the treatment of Polycystic ovary syndrome. Metformin Hydrochloride (HCL) is the main component used in the manufacturing of this medicine.
How does Metformin Works?
Metaphormin HCL which is the main component in the medicine lowers the level of basal as well as postprandial plasma glucose which helps patients to overcome the weakness of glucose tolerance. This medicine works by increasing glucose tolerance which results in the improvement of insulin level.
- According to the level of insulin and seriousness of the diabetes issue in the patient, the dosage is finalized by doctors and one should consult with doctors regarding consumption of this medicine. It is available in various dosage quantities such as Metformin 500mg, and it is also available in higher dosage i.e. 850mg and 1000mg.
- This medicine is given to the dosage quantity of 500mg for an adult patient having an initial level of diabetes and it is suggested to have this medicine along with diet preferably twice a day.
Precautions before taking Metformin
- Consumption of generic Metformin should be avoided or taken as per doctor's suggestion if the patient having hepatic diseases or any history related to this disease.
- Any sudden condition or change in the behaviors of patients is noticed one should immediately stop the consumption of the medicine and you need to contact a doctor for further help.
Benefits of Metformin
- One should treat his/her diabetic condition with the help of generic Metformin with damn affordable rates.
- As this medicine deals with the insulin sensitivity one may experience sudden changes in health and that might be some sort of side effect.
- Commonly observed Metformin side effects after consumption is cramped, body pain (muscular pain), abdominal pain, gas trouble, sudden weakness, vomiting, flushing and in any case one notices any other change then it should update with a doctor and it is required to seek medical help immediately.
- There are some safety warnings are suggested and that should consider and followed if you have decided to take this medicine.
- One should avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and any other food item that contains excessive sugar content.
- Regular check-ups and detail statistic should be done after fixed intervals suggested by doctors.
- One should not use this medicine after the date of expiry, otherwise, it may lead to some side effects due to contamination of content in the medicine.